Thursday, November 12, 2015

Writer's Workbook #26


#26 Everybody’s talking about this...
Dear Diary,
There’s this game everyone at school seems to be into, but I’m not sure why. I think it’s some video game that’s getting a lot of hype. Even my friends are into it. Everyone is so excited about it, except for me. I don’t even remember what the game is called. I guess that’s what I get for being one of the only teenagers not interested in video games. I like the idea of RPGs and all, but prefer acting it all out in real life. Maybe I would be into D&D, but who knows?
Anyways, this game is really popular, and everyone says the storyline and characters are amazing, so maybe I will check it out. I just need to find out the name of it. Of course, I’m not going to waste money buying it for myself. I don’t even own a game console. It might be a PC game (a lot are these days), but going through the trouble of downloading a game onto my computer that I’m not going to put much effort into doesn’t seem worth the time. Or money for that matter. If anything I guess I could always ask if I could watch my friends play. I don’t think they would mind, since I’m not asking to use their game or anything. Though some people might be weirded out by me asking them if I can watch over their shoulder as they control a bunch of pixels with a joystick.

No comments:

Post a Comment