Monday, November 9, 2015

Writer's Workbook #25

#25 I told you so...
“See, I told you it would turn out this way. If you had listened to me-”
“Just shut up, Jones. I know the tent is set up wrong, but with your arm in that stupid cast you weren’t much help,” Oliver snapped at his friend. Allan glared at him.
“It’s your fault my arm is broken and you know it,” Allan said.
“Why are we on this camping trip anyway? We could have canceled since you’re incapable of doing practically anything on your own.”
Allan shrugged, sitting down next to Oliver on the dirt. “I don’t know man, we’ve been planning this for so long that I didn’t want to cancel just because I lost an arm.” He laughed. “Even if you were the person who told me to try that jump on my bike.” Oliver’s face grew red at that comment.
“It was a small jump!” he protested. “You do stupid stunts on your bike all the time, I thought-”
“Relax, man,” Allan said, still laughing at how embarrassed his friend was. Oliver huffed and glared at Allan.
“I told you that stupid bike would get you hurt someday,” he said. Allan smiled and laid down on the ground.
“I guess you did. Too late for that now. Hey, maybe someday I’ll actually make that jump, if that abandoned building is still there when my arm heals up.”
Oliver rolled his eyes. “Sure, and you’d break something again.” He sighed, looking down at Allan. “You just have to be a daredevil.”

No comments:

Post a Comment